Tax Free benefits are now available for all UK residents. As of January 31, 2020 the United Kingdom (UK) has officially withdrawn from the European Union (EU). This marked a large change in both the political and economic landscapes within European countries. There have been many implications for businesses and citizens alike, with one of the most notable being that UK residents are now considered foreign visitors within the EU. Thanks to this change, all UK residents are eligible to claim refunds on VAT throughout the European Union.
A new era of Tax Free Shopping within the EU
Residents of the UK are high frequency travelers to the EU. In fact, roughly 80% of all international flights out of the UK land somewhere in Europe. This equates to nearly 68 million residents who are now eligible to take advantage of Tax Free benefits. Within a few hours UK travelers are able to make it to nearly all European destinations. High end shopping destinations such as Antwerp, Brussels, and Paris are only a few stops away from London on the Eurostar train, providing a great opportunity to take full advantage of savings up to 21%.
How can you take advantage of these benefits?
Do you want to participate in Tax Free Shopping and save up to 21%? As a UK resident, Woonivers is the best way to take advantage of this new opportunity. An all-in-one application that makes the reimbursement process easier, faster, and secure. No more lines or extra paperwork, Woonivers is revolutionizing the sector of Tax Free. How does it work? In short, there are four simple steps that need to be followed:
- Download Woonivers and create your account with innovative document and face verification technology
- Upload image(s) of full invoices of your purchases
- Use QR-code we provide you with and scan them at self-serving kiosk machines upon departure
- Receive refunds directly within your in-app wallet after leaving the European Union
For more information on this process, click here .
Our application also aims to improve the travel experience of every tourist in Europe, not only facilitating the VAT refund process, but highlighting key events, restaurants, and destinations through the interactive map. Our blog also provides tips and guidelines for travellers and shoppers alike. Woonivers seeks to establish itself as your most important travel partner!
The improved shopping experience
If you were to use the classical and outdated method of claiming your VAT refunds, it would look something like this:
- Keep all documents such as passport on your person at all times (needed to fill out Tax Free forms with store/merchant)
- Fill out forms and keep them them with you along with invoices of purchases.
- Possibly wait in line at airport for an hour to have your forms validated and refund-approved
- Contact store post-departure to coordinate reimbursement
Clearly, this process can be frustrating, and can ruin your vacation time. Thankfully, we have fixed all of these issues to bring you the ultimate shopping tourist experience:
- No more filling out forms (we do that for you)
- No waiting in lines
- One-time verification
- Practice social distancing
- Stop wasting paper
- Instant refunds
If you have any questions about Tax Free Shopping regarding the process, eligibility, or Woonivers, please find more information here .